Released in Japan as Etrian Odyssey X, Atlus has revealed the recently announced western release, Etrian Odyssey Nexus, will land early next year.
Mapping undiscovered worlds and strategically fending off a variety of monsters lands for the final instalment in the series on the 3DS.
The announcement from Atlus comes with a sneak peek trailer showing us the highlights. Check it out below:
In Etrian Odyssey players explore various dungeons with no established map, instead, they do the mapping themselves. Using the 3DS stylus and touch screen, you’ll navigate your way through enemy encounters and reveal the layout of every dungeon you discover.
Etrian Odyssey Nexus Details
What’s new in the sixth release in the series, Etrian Odyssey Nexus? Here’s everything we know, so far:
- Nexus offers players the most classes to choose from in the series with 19 introducing the all-new Hero class. There are also tons of new distinct dungeons, charming characters and gameplay elements to add to adventure like never before.
- Each character in every class can be fully customized to your liking, allowing players to create a party that suits their liking and needs to help them through Lemuria’s labyrinths.
- Etrian Odyssey Nexus offers a unique standalone adventure so newcomers to the series can hop right into the action without any prior knowledge of the universe.
- Up to four difficulty settings are available which include options for auto-map detailing and enemy toughness to help any level of player approach the dungeon crawling adventure.
- Series veterans are returning to the development team, such as character designer Yuji Himukai, monster designer Shin Nagasawa and acclaimed video game composer Yuzo Koshiro. All of this returning talent will help deliver a memorable Etrian experience so incredibly familiar with long-time fans of the series.
Those who pre-order or pick the game up from its first initial shipment, from participating stores, will receive the Launch Edition, which includes the exclusive art book from the game.
Fans can get their hands on Etrian Odyssey Nexus for 3DS systems on February 5th, 2019.