Astro Bot: Rescue Mission will be released on October 3rd exclusively for PS VR, it has been announced.
Astro Bot: Rescue Mission PS VR
Astro and his kind will be familiar to those that played Sony’s The Playroom VR experience – it contained an impressive VR mini-platformer that reminded us of a certain portly plumber’s adventures. Essentially, that idea has now been expanded into a full game.
- The game takes full advantage of PS VR with gameplay unfolding around you in 360 degrees. In VR, every jump can be judged with accuracy.
- There are 20 levels, each one populated by traps and enemies. Run over city rooftops, explore dark caves, lush forests and even take a mine cart ride inside a burning volcano.
- The DualShock 4 controller becomes the host of a bunch of gadgets ranging from a hook shot used to cross ravines, a water cannon, slingshots and even deadly ninja stars.
- In addition to the main story, you can unlock a further 26 challenge stages that will put your platforming skills to the test.
- Coins you collect in the game can be redeemed in a crane game to create an interactive diorama of your past adventures.
Here’s the official release date trailer for you:
It could potentially be another great PS VR title for your collection. We’ll find out soon enough.