Do you guys remember the classic SNES fantasy sports game Mutant Football League? Well, a remake of MFL was successfully funded through Kickstarter, and the remake launched late last year.
MFL was released on PC, PS4 and Xbox One to a surprising amount of success for a budget title. And, with these new found funds and fanbase, developer Digital Dreams is looking to capitalize on MFL’s success by making their game even better. Let’s get you guys caught up:
- Earlier this week Digital Dreams announced a revamped version of last year’s Mutant Football League. This new version will be called Mutant Football League: Dynasty Edition.
- This new version of MFL brings a new mode, six new teams, new stadiums and is releasing on a new console.
- The main draw of Dynasty Edition is the new game mode simply called Dynasty Mode. This is where you become the General Manager of your favourite MFL team, and try to build them up to potentially take the MFL championship.
- Although these new features are a cool addition to an already well-established sports title. The biggest surprise from this announcement is that Mutant Football League: Dynasty Edition will be coming to the Switch. Yes… that’s right, the Nintendo Switch is finally getting a football game!
- Mutant Football League: Dynasty edition launches on September 18th, and will retail for $29.99
Will you guys be picking up this new version of MFL? Or do you think it is an unnecessary release? Let us know in the comments below!