Take a deep dive back in history and get medieval with the rookie gaming studio to come out of Egypt, Rumbling Games.
Taking a page out of decisive action-adventure games like Assassin’s Creed and The Witcher, Knights of Light looks to capture the essence of the battle between the Arab forces in Iraq squaring off against the Sassanian Empire of Persia.
Knights Of Light
Along with the announcement of Rumbling Games’ debut indie AAA title, players can also find some pre-alpha gameplay footage showing off Knight’s design and impressive visuals below.
A few takeaways from the recent announcement of Knights of Light include:
- Players will have the ability to control several side characters, as well as one main protagonist. Many boss characters and the main champion will also be based on factual historical figures.
- Knights of Light is already said to engross players for up to 60 hours of playtime including a hidden path full of fantasy elements to help stray from the factual medieval timeline, as well as two planned expansions to add to the experience later down the line.
- Lead design of Knights of Light worked with the original Assassin’s Creed title; borrows major influence from The Witcher series to add depth to player choices and decisions.
- With an ever-engaging setting, players will change the world around them through consequential player choices, optional side quests and a story written by a veteran medieval fantasy writer.
- A massive map detailing a 7th century Iraq stretches across 400 kilometres in Knights of Light, boasting full of vast deserts, lush forests and the snowy regions of Kurdistan.
As of now, Knights of Light has only been officially unveiled and no release date has been announced. Though being published by Sony, the developers have stated the game will be coming to both Xbox One and PC as well.
Stay tuned for more on the upcoming medieval fantasy adventure game, Knights of Light.