No, you did not misread that title card. A small $15 indie title is currently selling more digital copies than the recently released Zelda spinoff, Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition on the US Nintendo eShop.
Wizard of Legend
You might be asking yourself by now, what is Wizard of Legend? Where did it even come from? Well, that info and more news about this surprise hit are listed below.
Let’s get you guys caught up:
- Wizard of Legend is a pixel art, spellcasting, co-op, roguelike title, where you and a buddy clear out dungeon after dungeon to become more powerful. All this dungeon clearing will help you eventually become… a wizard legend!
- WOL features over 100 spells, relics, and cloaks. All of these options let you fully customize the play style of your Wizard to your liking.
- An arena style mode is also included in WOL. Where you and your co-op partner can face off against each other, to see who is the more skilled spellcaster.
- Developer Contigent99 released Wizard of Legend on all major platforms on May 15th for $15.99.
- Lastly, on Metacritic WOL is being well received, sitting at a solid 78%.
So, have you guys been playing Wizard of Legend? If so, in your opinion, does the game itself live up to its lofty sales numbers?
Let me know in the comments below!