Yes, you read that right! The most realistic football/soccer simulation is back on a console after many years of being a PC exclusive. Developer Sports Interactive must have been working on this port of Football Manager in secret because this release blindsided just about everyone.
Let’s get you guys caught up about the exciting news:
- Developer Sports Interactive, out of the blue, released Football Manager Touch 2018 for the Nintendo Switch.
- This comes as a shock because not only was there not any form of an announcement or hint that this game was coming. But, Football Manager hasn’t been on a console or handheld since the 2013 PlayStation Vita version.
- Football Manager Touch 2018 is actually a mobile game originally. This version is a more streamlined game compared to the full blown standard version. Touch trims the fat of the Football Manager franchise. For example, media briefings, player moods, team talks and so on are all removed to speed up the pace of the game.
- This streamlined gameplay actually gained a large following of people that actually prefer the Touch version over the Standard Football Manager. And, following the success of Touch, Sports Interactive released a Steam Port of the Touch series, that now launches alongside the standard Football Manager every year.
- The Switch version of Touch 2018 has all the features mentioned above but is also different from all the other versions. This is because of the Switch’s unique capabilities. Do you want to play Football Manager on a touchscreen tablet? Check. Do you want to play Football Manager on a handheld gaming console? Check. Do you want to play Football Manager on your living room TV? Well, of course, you can do that as well!
- You can go to the Nintendo eShop right now and pick up Football Manager Touch 2018 for $39.99 (£28).
So, are you guys as excited about playing Football Manager on the go as I am? Let me know in the comments below folks.