The shooter community had been crying out for an old school, take me back to the basics FPS for a while now. This desire eventually led to UK developers, Bulkhead Interactive, creating a Kickstarter for a skill-based, twitch shooter called Battalion 1944.
Battalion 1944 Early Access On Steam
The Kickstarter was hugely successful and has grossed over $400,000 so far. Now, almost two full years later, Battalion 1944 will finally be available to the public.
Let’s get you guys caught up:
- Today (February 1st) Battalion 1944 has launched on Steam through the Early Access program
- The standard Early Access version of Battalion will go for the modest price of $14.99
- While the “First to Fight” edition (which includes the core game, 5 war chests, the original soundtrack and an exclusive trench gun skin) will go for $24.99
- Additionally, if you buy Battalion on launch day, you get 10% of the retail price of whichever version you choose to purchase
- Lastly, Bulkhead has released details of the first patch for Battalion 1944. It arrives on February 8th, with the highlight of the patch being ranked matchmaking
So, will you guys be picking up Battalion 1944 in Early Access? Or will you wait for the full release? Let me know in the comments down below!