One of the many announcements at the Microsoft Gamescom conference was how Rise of the Tomb Raider would be improved on the Xbox One X. Well, the enhancements are impressive, to say the least. Let’s get you guys caught up!
- The Xbox One X version of Rise of the Tomb Raider will have three different video setting to choose from. They are Highest Fidelity mode, Enriched Visuals mode and High Frame Rate mode.
- In Highest Fidelity mode the game will run at a native 4K (2160p.) Which is a pretty huge improvement from the PS4 Pro version that runs at 1800p.
- In Enriched Visuals mode, the game will not run at 4K but will have better textures, effects, lighting etc.
- In High Frame Rate mode, the game will run at…. a higher frame rate! I would assume we will be getting 60fps at 1080p at a minimum since the PS4 Pro version could run at 60fps at 1080p in its High Frame Rate mode.
- Additionally, the Xbox One X will be getting exclusive features like HDR support, Dolby Atmos sound and other graphical improvements.
- A trailer was released breaking down all the enhancements. (You can see that trailer below.)
- Just to make it clear, this is just an update for the base game, not a new edition. Anyone who has Rise of the Tomb Raider on Xbox One and upgrades to an Xbox One X will get all of these improvements for free through a patch.
So, Tomb Raider fans, do these enhancements excite you enough to check out the game again? Why or why not? Let me know in the comments below!