Well it seems that Konami does care after all: a new update has been released today for Super Bomberman R on the Nintendo Switch that adds lots of additional content, and fixes quite a few bugs too.
Update version 1.3 adds and changes the following for early Nintendo Switch adopters:
- Four new VS stages have been added to the shop (White Cross, Lagoon, Max Speed, Power Zone, seen below)
- Two new series of accessories have been added to the shop (Crowns and Bombs)
- The frame rate of the entire game has been improved. Konami also made slight adjustments and has improved the controls as well
- Less lags are likelier to happen when every participant in the Online Battle mode has a good network connection. (If you want to find opponents with a good connection, set Other > Basic Settings > Network Settings to the very left)
- They have made it possible to press L/R to change the inclination of the map in the Story Mode. Other > Basing Settings will also allow you to fix the camera position as well
- You can now choose the strength of the COM on the Multiplayer Battle Mode
- The strength of the Five Dastardly Bombers on the Story Mode have been adjusted (phew)
- The difficulties of Beginner and Normal have been reduced, making it easier to beat them
- They have adjusted the heights and slopes on some maps to improve the visibility
- If you continue a certain number of times in the Story Mode, you will be able to continue without paying anymore gems
- Changed the BP (Battle Point) increase/decrease rate for the League Battle
- Fixed other various small bugs
That’s not all though, as Konami has promised to continue supporting the game with free DLC down the line. Next up are some new characters based off famous Konami franchises, including:
- Vic Viper Bomber (from Gradius)
- Belmont Bomber (from Castlevania)
- Pyramid Head Bomber (from Silent Hill)
We assume these awesome characters will be coming in a few months time.
It’s great to see the game actually get supported after launch. For early adopters, does this tempt you to jump back in?