Do you guys remember Warface? The free to play FPS from developer Crytek, that launched in 2013? Well, I don’t blame you guys if you don’t. Warface came and went from PC and consoles in 2013-2015. In fact, Crytek actually shut down all of the Xbox 360 servers because of how dead the game was.
While the game kept a small-sized player base on PC, it never really hit the top tier of free to play games. But, Crytek is trying to change Warface’s status, let’s get you guys caught up:
- Last year Warface essentially relaunched, with brand new game modes like PvP multiplayer, and a battle royale mode. Additionally, Crytek added depth to the gameplay with character classes, loads of new weapons, and more missions for the PvE modes.
- All these new features and gameplay mechanics have brought a steady player base to the once-thought-to-be-dead title.
- Now with new found confidence, it looks like a release for Warface on the current gen consoles is imminent, thanks to the Taiwan ratings board.
- While there has been no official announcement, Crytek hasn’t denied the authenticity of the leaked listing.
- If Warface is coming to current gen consoles, one would expect Crytek would put it out sooner rather than later to avoid… (Call of Duty).
So, do you guys think Warface will be successful this time around on consoles? Or do you think it will immediately die out just like it did on Xbox 360? Let me know in the comments below!