Yes, everyone, this may come as a shock to you all, but there actually are other football franchises out there besides Madden.
I know, Madden hasn’t had a real competitor since the 2K series was still making football games (the last one released all the way back in 2008.)
Axis Football 18
Well, while Madden has been dominating the market, a new indie studio “Axis Games” have been quietly developing their own football title in “Axis Football” since 2015.
It looks like we are getting another one this year in Axis Football 18. Let’s get you guys caught up:
- Axis Football 18 was officially announced through popular sports gaming YouTube personality Ryan Moody.
- This announcement came with the surprising news that for the first time ever, Axis Football will be releasing on Xbox One and PS4 alongside the usual PC version.
- Axis Games have been hyping up this year’s version. They’re stating that there will be massive strides in player movement and animations. Also, there has been an emphasis on making improvements in ‘Franchise’ mode, and the amount of playbooks you can choose from.
- Additionally, Axis Games is known for listening to community feedback. They consistently update the game and the community on what will be implemented. They post all of these updates and announcements through their YouTube channel and official website.
- Axis Football 18 will launch in the summer of this year. No price point has been announced yet, but the previous versions have retailed for $20.
So, what do you guys think of Axis Football 18? Are you guys planning on giving it a shot? Let me know in the comments below.