One of the biggest games of last year in Fortnite: Battle Royale is picking up the New Year how it ended the last one: with a big new update. It enlists quite a few changes to the game’s map as we know it. Let’s get you guys caught up:
Fortnite: Battle Royale New Update
- The new patch was announced on the 12th during a developer update. (You can see the video for the dev update down below.)
- The patch adds “new points of interests” to the west side of the game map.
- Additionally, the update not only adds new spots to the game map but also updates some of the pre-existing areas of the map. “The swamps feel swampier, and the mountains feel more mountainey.” Good.
- Lastly, the patch will be ending the Christmas-themed event that was ongoing for the holiday season, as well as changing the loot distribution system. Epic games seem to want loot to be “distributed evenly so that there isn’t too much additional rare loot in a match.”
- The new update is expected to launch later on this week.
So, does this excite you guys? Why or why not? Let me know in the comments below.