PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds gained massive popularity in a short space of time as a battle royale game in Early Access. Whether trending on Twitch, YouTube or topping the Steam charts, PUBG is a huge hit in gaming.
PUBG On Xbox One
The game officially released on Xbox One and the X last week, but it garnered quite mediocre reviews. The game was criticized for its poor performance on the console and some argued that it was borderline unplayable.
In response to this, the developers have released their first update with a download size of 4.7GB. The update brings bug fixes among other things.
The patch notes are as follows:
- Gas can now be used while on bike or bike with sidecar
- Equipment icons on HUD will now be visible
- Player icon is now more clearly visible on the world map
- UI prompts now appear when reload and enter a vehicle options are present
- Tweaked hair colour options
- Cleaned up sidecar passenger animations in first person view
- Fixed player camera issues while a passenger on the backseat of a Buggy
- Addressed arm animations specific to holding some weapons
- Character now correctly faces the proper direction when stopping while swimming
- First pass visual and performance improvements
- Slightly improved anti-aliasing on Xbox One and Xbox One S
- Localization updates for Vietnamese, Spanish, (Spain/Mexico)
- Controls on motorcycle no longer inverted
- Keyboard functionality is disabled
- Fixed instances of player nametags not properly displaying in the lobby during Squad and Duo play
- Fixed minor animation while crouching and prone
- Fixed issues where curtains on windows block line of sight of players in the TPP mode
- Fixed an issue where when Squad leader left the party, voice chat ceased to function as intended
- Fixed issue where players could lean out of vehicles even when obstructed
- Fixed collision of cardboard boxes in Yasnaya city
- Fixed typo in the controller guide
- Other minor fixes
We’d imagine that there will be a stream of updates to come as the game has already hit over a million players on the Xbox One. Hopefully, the developers can get this version of the game working as well as it should.