With the Xbox One release of PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds rapidly approaching, news is finally starting to come out regarding the console port.
Let’s get you guys caught up with all the details:
- The Xbox One version of one the most popular PC games around in PUBG will launch on December 12th.
- PUBG will be the first physical release for Xbox’s game preview program. It can be seen here.
- Additionally, PUBG will be an Xbox One X enhanced title. With seemingly the only enhancement at launch being HDR. A 4K texture and resolution update will be coming at a later date.
- On the PC you have the option of playing in third-person or first-person servers. Well, the Xbox One version will launch with only third-person servers. With first-person servers coming in an update down the line.
- Despite the reports of the game running at 60fps on the Xbox One X, Brandan Greene (who is the creator of PUBG) clarified that PUBG will run at 30 fps on all Xbox One Consoles. “While I previously stated PUBG would run at higher FPS at launch on 12/12, I want to clarify that PUBG will run at 30 FPS across all Xbox One devices,” Greene later said. “We’re constantly refining the game & exploring options to increase FPS, but this early in development, we’re unable to confirm more.”
- Lastly, with the release right around the corner, there has been a surprisingly lacking amount of Xbox One gameplay for PUBG. In fact, you can only find a couple gameplay videos on YouTube.
So, will you guys be picking up PUBG for the Xbox One or will you sit it out? Let us know in the comments below!