The Last Night
The Last Night is a 2.5D cinematic platform game, where the player controls Charlie, a person living a lower-class existence among the rest of society that is living in an “era of leisure” and where computers and machinery have otherwise taken over all menial work.
The player can have Charlie explore his city, talk freely with other citizens, get involved in gunfights, and includes elements of stealth.
“The Last Night immerses you in the everyday life of Charlie, a second-class citizen living in a city brimming with augmentation and citizens living a gamified existence – none of which Charlie can experience himself due to a childhood accident.
Apathetic and disheartened by the seemingly pointless world around him, Charlie is presented with an opportunity to take matters into his own hands. But at what risk?”
Key Features Include:
- Roam freely across four varied and vibrant districts in a unique blend of 2D and 3D. Travel between areas with futuristic transportation and wind your way through dense crowds, drones, and unique characters.
- Experience a city of gorgeous pixel art, drawn and animated by hand combined with state-of-the-art compositing techniques and camera work.
- Each encounter in The Last Night is handcrafted to ensure variety and narrative progression. Use your acquired knowledge of the city to hide from drones, skirt around police, and escape dangerous situations – or people.
- Draw your gun to intimidate or simply walk away while in the middle of dialogue. NPCs will stroll and chat alongside you rather than just stand around.
- Experience an unfiltered, futuristic society through the personal lens of Charlie, an ordinary low-class citizen – from the daily routine to extraordinary events.
- Showing you a side of the city that the camera can’t, the soundtrack and audio design places you directly into the heart of the world.
The Last Night – Reveal Trailer
Send Message to listing owner
The Last Night